Jun 19, 2009

Glimpses of Donostia-San Sebastian












All these photos were taken by me last weekend when we drove up to Donostia-San Sebastian for a few days. On Saturday, we wandered the old streets, took strolls along the promenade, dipped our feet in La Concha's warm waters, sampled a variety of pintxos (the local tapas), and sipped on txcholi (the local sparkling wine). Donostia is a fetching coastal town with breath-taking vistas albeit a bit too pijo (preppy swank) for my somewhat bohemian sensibilities.

On Sunday, we drove for hours along lovely coastal roads just to visit the Guggenheim in Bilbao. So stay tuned, tomorrow's post is all about the coastal views from the road side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the place but feel weird about the vibes.

Shehani said...

I know. The pijo vibes are strong here.

Nobody said...

Love the photos! can't believe it took me so long to see them...Now I want to go there!
Me encanta la foto con los dos perros. Me inspira.

Shehani said...

Thanks, Alma! si, uno pijo y sus dos perros.. it's sooo Donostia!

Related Posts with Thumbnails