Aug 3, 2008

Connecting the dots..

Why, why, what's the point? Where is this all going? What does it all mean? Is there meaning? Am I just wasting my time?

I'm often stumped by questions of meaning as I stumble through my zig zag life and I'm always fearful that the events in my life are wayward dots that will not connect to create form. But this is a normal fear, I suppose, when you live off the well-trodden path.. the trick then is to find voices of those who have gone before. Those who have survived and thrived and are willing to tell you something about the journey.

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."
excerpt from Steve Jobs
Stanford Commencement Speech 2005


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails