Sep 13, 2008

Keeping the horribles at bay: an interview with Honeybottom pt 1

When I first met the lady behind Professor Honeybottom, I was struck by her light. Her positive energy, good health, beauty and sexiness radiated an aura of love, acceptance and friendliness. She has recently begun posting a graphic novel series on health and the body, called the Naked Truth. Her observations, and presentation of the facts on anatomy and health are informative, entertaining and the sexiest I've ever seen. In fact, I think she might be the sexiest herbalist/nurse on the web! But what I am most impressed with are her wisdom and intellect. So I had a bright idea. Why not pick her brain on remedies and strategies for coping with depression. She agreed to do the interview and answered my questions via email.

Today's post is part 1 of 4 in the series, Keeping the horribles at bay: an interview with Honeybottom.

First of all, can you tell us a little about yourself.
I've been in the health care industry for over 20 years. I am a Chartered Herbalist and a former Registered Nurse. I have a fluid belief system and have been known to change my mind because of new scientific research, or a profound personal experience.
Growth is essential in all aspects, the only other option on this planet is death; we are moving toward one of them at all times.
I believe we should have the right to govern our own bodies and take responsibility for our health and healing. I also support the right to govern our own gardens: food is our medicine and medicine our food.
Oh, and I love furry animals and all flowers, even stinky ones.

Some people confuse depression with sadness, how do you think depression is different from sadness?
Sadness is an emotional response to an event, action or inaction. Depression is a state. A state that can be induced by:
  • Toxins in the system from food, environment, medication, dental fillings, vaccines.
  • An increase or decrease in hormone secretions.
  • Altered blood and tissue PH , which can be caused by an overly acidic diet, environmental factors and negative brain patterning.
As we are firstly an electrical machine, it seems the brain and neurons are the fastest to affect the system as far as healing or dis-ease is concerned.
***

In the part 2, Professor Honeybottom will talk about how changes in diet, exercise and sleeping habits can help to relieve depression. So stay tuned.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails