Sep 28, 2009

My neighbour's barren pots


Photo and manipulation by me. Even though my neighbour's beautiful but empty flower pots make me feel a little wistful, I think they also tantalizingly hold the promise of flowers to come in the spring and the hope for fresh growth.

The new school year has begun and with it the the old routines, which have been steeped in years of memories. And yet I was still surprised when the old wounds opened up. Fortunately, repeating rather than avoiding the old patterns (with new adjustments) coagulated the bleeding and chased away the phantom menaces. Repetition can lead to rewiring and so the memories can fade. The mind is a wonderful thing, it heals and adapts and creates new pathways, new growth, new connections, new gardens to flourish in.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails