Jan 29, 2009

Riding Teléferico

One of my students gave me free tickets so I decided to check out this ride in the Madrid sky. Teleferico is a 2.5km cable car ride that ambles 150 feet above the city. The sky tour begins from Paseo del Pintor Rosales, near Metro Arguelles and takes you over the Manzanares river into Casa de Campo Park.






Palacio Real and Almudena Catherdral from the sky.


As you can see, the views are quite spectacular. For a mere 5.10 Euros return trip, I think the price is totally worth the ride. In fact, I plan on doing it again when the weather is better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, that contraption can get addictive. Pity they haven't got a decent bar/restaurant or something on the Casa de Campo end. I think this is one of the things the council intends to upgrade but no doubt it'll upgrade the price too.

Shehani said...

No doubt. Though, riding over and having a picnic in Casa de Campo and then riding back has an appeal - like having your own sky chariot transport you to and from the heart of a park where you feast amongst the trees like a god(dess)!

Related Posts with Thumbnails