Aug 9, 2009

Escape to Atazar

Views of Embalse de Atazar, also known as "the sea of Madrid," near the town of El Berrueco, which is north of Madrid. Built in 1972 during the dictatorship of Franco, this is Madrid's largest reservoir.



We find our spot away from the crowds

and enjoy a siesta.
Later, we head to the town of Atazar to enjoy the miradores and have a chat at a local bar. Below is a photo of the bell tower of the town's the old church.
All photos taken by me.

I've had a crazy week looking for a new home. My male underwear model landlord has returned to the flat unexpectedly and despite our verbal agreement that I was going to rent the room for a year, he has decided to kick me out 3 weeks after I've moved in and use my room as an extra closet for his things! "I'm very sorry," he said, "but I have many things... I need the room for September..." Qué chungo! Qué mala leche! So since Monday, I've scoured rental ads on 3 websites 7x a day, I have posted want ads on 3 websites, I've let all my FB friends know I'm looking, I've sent and received 60+ emails, I've sent and received dozens of text messages, I've made and received many phone calls, I've seen 10 places... all have been unsuitable for one reason or another. Needless to say, I was exhausted and really needed to get out of the city. Very lucky for me, a new friend happened to be going on an excursion and invited me along so I got my much needed respite. Thanks Amaya, you're an angel!

Once I have an ending for the story of my search for a new home, I'll write a post about my adventures.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails