Jul 7, 2011

It's been a very long journey

Sunset beach on July 6th
I left Madrid a year ago yesterday. I left London 6 months ago yesterday. And it is only now (3 countries and 1 year later) that I sleep in my own bed, in my own space again. Yes, it's been a long journey to find a home and I've had a lot of help from friends and strangers along the way. I couldn't have predicted the way this story has unfolded when I packed up my life in Madrid and got on a plane to London. But here I am. I now live in Davie Village (the gayaborhood in Vancouver) and I have a Queen in the closet - a queen mattress in the closet of my bachelor pad (◕‿-)

I celebrated this ending by sitting on Sunset Beach writing & taking photos with the sun on my face, my feet buried in warm sand, the water stretched out in front of me and a thick log against my back!

I am awfully curious about where this next journey will take me...

2 comments:

nazelet said...

the journey never ends. ain't that grand?
Your work is so alive, amazing.

Shehani said...

Indeed!! Thanks so much :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails