Apr 5, 2009

Le Mur des Je t'aime (Wall of I Love Yous)




These photos were taken by me in Le jardin des Abbesses in Montmartre. Here among the children's playground and flowers you will find an enamel-tile wall called "Mur des Je t'aime", where "I love you" is written in more than 300 languages and dialects. Made from 511 blue tiles, this is a work of art by Frédéric Baron and Claire Kito. Frédéric collected the I love yous between 1992 and 1998 and Claire is a Calligraphy expert.

Artists' statement:
In a world marked by violence and dominated by individualism, walls, like frontiers, are usually made to divide and to separate people and to protect them from one another. On the contrary, LE MUR DES JE T'AIME (The Wall of I love Yous) is a link, a place of reconciliation, a mirror which reflects an image of love and peace.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails